Thursday, May 31, 2007

Like a library book, this too is overdue

I know it's been a bit of time, and I am sorry. It is a very weird time over here. My program ends a week from today, so things are winding down. It is weird continuing to go to things as normal, when I know I am leaving these people in a week. Plus, half of the people have already left and gone home early, so there are only 3 of us still in the house. It is very quiet and odd. There was some drama/problems in the house...more so than the norm, which made being here difficult and annoying, but, such is life in a situation like this. All of these factors have made posting a bit difficult because it has been a bit of a chore/difficulty just getting through the days. When a 5 month journey is ending, even if it was a difficult one (as this one has been) it is still hard to come to terms with the conclusion of it all. Not to mention I have never dealt well with change. However...I have been looking into the program I want to do next (I have decided I want to find a program that focuses on Hebrew) and I found one called Maof which is located in Netanya, a BEAUTIFUL place north of Tel Aviv, right on the beach. It is really a fantastic program and I am kinda enthralled with it. There is much to figure out, but it is all in the works. Through discussions with my parents about finding the programs and navigating the country and such, I have discovered that I have grown up a lot more than I realized on this program. I have become much more independent and self sufficient, and realized how not-so-much I was before (despite thinking I was!) So that's a plus. All in all, it's a weird time for blogging, so I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Good news-I went to Tel Aviv yesterday to pick up my ticket around the world-quite literally-which includes the trip home. For those of you who don't know, my cousin, John, is becoming a bar mitzvah at the end of June!! But it just so happens that he lives in Australia. Which means I have to go to Australia for the event. Oh, DAAAAAAAAAAAAARN ;). Following this is a little vacay with the fam (camping in the outback!), some time in Sydney with my aunt's niece (not my cousin...My mom's brother's wife's niece...get it?) and then a CRAZY trip around America with i believe 7 cities in 2 weeks...but if I get in the Maof program I will be staying in DC for an extra month, too. Anyhoo...after two hours in the British Airways office, I finally left with a STACK of paper tickets (because there were too many destinations to e-ticket...no, I'm serious. The computer pretty much laughed at us and said E-tickets weren't issuable) and an itinerary reminiscent of those scrolls in movies that they let drop and just go on for miles. I am definitely going to be taking a picture...In all, I will be hitting 4 Continents, 5 Countries, 11 States, and at least 16 Cities. In one month. HUZZAH!

Anyhoo, that's it for now. But more importantly, how are YOU?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

whew! Seeing it written out like that, that IS a whirlwind trip. Get lots of sleep on the planes cuz doesn't sound like you will on the ground. XXXX

Sara said...

I'm doing quite well, thank you.

14 days!!!!

Punk-Coder said...

wow... just wow...

Thats a lot of jet lag. I hope that you are traveling light and going to be working on reading war and peace, because a trip like that is just tempting fate.

But as for me I have settled into chicago well, and I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that sooooo much has happened since you left that it feels like you were standing in the house yesterday, eventhough I know it to not be the case.

See you soon, be safe,
James

Anonymous said...

i'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad you got the ticket! we're very excited to be travelling so much together.

I've very proud of how your "investigation" of program opportunities progressed, and where you're "at" with it. It's all just so very EXCITING!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO -- daddy