Wednesday, March 7, 2007

"I'm 23 which is almost 25 which is almost mid 20's..."

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but it's been a rough little patch of time recently. The living situation is getting a bit frustrating, and dealing with that is taking all my energy at the moment. I can't really post details because this is the internet and that's just not good karma, but know that I am not flaking out on the blog like last time, i assure you.

I cannot give much information now, however, because I have to paaaaaaaaaaaack!!!! Our group is being sent to join up with a birthright group for three days. We're leaving at 6.30 am Israel time (aka in 4 hours....) to meet them, then assumed itenirary has us riding camels and then going to eilat today (eilat is like the cancun of israel. if they want to send me there for my birthday, who am I to protest?!) doing the red canyon and bedouin tent tomorrow, and doing masada and the dead sea friday, then returning home. BTW, the BR group is from Canada. Reed freaked when I told him. If you don't know my brother, he loves Canadians. And Canada. And hockey. He kept going on and on about it. And then I asked if he wanted me to call him from the trip so he could talk to them and he said ":::sigh::::I'd be too nervous..." I *NO EXXAGERATION* almost lost my breath laughing so hard. My brother is hilariously insane. Of course, this was AFTER he told me about how he baked 52 hamentachen because the recipie called for 2 eggs, and he figured, if he can eat 2 eggs for breakfast and still be hungry, that must be a really small recipie, so he doubled it, and suddenly there were 52 hamentaschen....

Anyway, no more procrastinating, I must pack, shower, sleep. But thanks to everyone for the great birthday wishes! I have been laughing for two hours straight! My roommates were also very sweet and have showered me with sweet gifts, Jon loaned me his birthday tiara (long story...) and I look forward to going out in Eilat tonight. And to the Aussie Reeds, I haven't seen anything, but I recommend leaving a comment on this post ;) All the best. I won't be around since I'll be on birthright, so I look forward to reading whatever/posting stories this weekend.

No promises, but from my experience, there's a chance there will be pictures that the staff takes posted on the birthright website. To check them out, go to www.israelfree.com, click on "group center", scroll down to the march departures and click on bus 535:CANADA. When you see pictures of camels, you know you've hit the point when we joined. Enjoy!

P.S. in case you aren't up on the pop culture "idiot quotes", the title of this post is a wonderful gem from the ever insightful Jessica Simpson, perfect for this very day ;)

4 comments:

Punk-Coder said...

Happy Belated(?) Birthday.

I understand the whole frustration with roommates, and what that all leads to. Have you ever wanted to visit Chicago? I am glad to hear that you are alive and at least partially well. Have fun on your 2nd birthright trip. ;) Be safe and I will talk to you soon.

James

Sara said...

Yay! We're both 23 for the next 4 months!!!

Btw, if 52 hamentaschen is too much for Reed to handle, I'd be glad to take some of them off his hands. :)

Say hi to the camels and the Canadians!

Dops (who has now wished you a happy birthday about a zillion times)

Stephen said...

svI am so LOL'ing at James' comment. I really hope you know the backstory.

Now I'm going to go look for you in pictures! Woo Hoo!

Unknown said...

I must have looked at 80 individual pics and saw only 1 of you in Masada synagogue giving peace sign, then 2 more profile views on Masada. Any other way to get a pic of you??
xxxxMom