Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You can't kill the rooster

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted, but horror of horrors:

WE LOST THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was quite the terrifying experience to be sure. 8 American "millenials" as Holcomb would call us in a house with no internet for 5 days....it was actually kind of funny to see. Luckily, we just got it back. Which I could tell because when I woke up from a nap i walked downstairs and everyone was hudled around their respective computers and then 3 of them shouted in unison upon seeing me "We got the internet back!"

It's actually kinda sad, now that i think about it.

Anyway, tonight is Jon's birthday. So there are 8 of us, 7 girls and one guy (yes, he's very lucky...) and today is his birthday (also shout out to my cousin John Reed, who is 13 today, and I tried calling him but it took me all morning in between breaks in ulpan and then afterwards to figure out how to call australia. By the time I worked it out it was 11 pm there. Oops! but i had a nie chat with aunt deb and uncle tom...still have to sing "ha yom yom huledet" to john, even if it's belated.) Anyway, so the Jon in our house is 22. We call him "Rooster" because he's the rooster in the hen house.We all had this master plan to go out in tel-aviv to celebrate, but apparently one of the things you miss when you don't have the internet is that there's a suicide bomber looming the country. The authorities know he's somewhere, but not sure where, and suspisions have him heading towards tel-aviv, which nixed the birthday plans. We're going out in a small town nearby, none of the tel-aviv glamour, but not the size that would attract a bomber. Not dying tonight. Woot! (p.s. for all you serious types, that was a joke. We joke here. Makes the subject easier to handle)

Hope all is well with all of you. More info to come soon, but for now, the rooster demands the attention of "the girls". He's so demanding....

Peace,
K

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I know what you were doing when I called--catching up on the internet! Glad you all are reconnected! Love ya!